Welcome to my new Whole Brain Teaching Blog!  Most of the time, you can find me blogging over at Teaching With Style.  But sometimes, I'll be over here, telling you all about my WBT experiences.  Why WBT?  I'll fill you in... 

I started to dabble in WBT this past year when I moved states and taught a new grade level in Hawaii.  I had always worked in a Positive Behavior and Intervention Supports (PBiS) school that had school-wide rules, expectations, incentives, and discipline.  My new school has a behavior acronym, but nothing else.  Our acronym is TORCH.  There is a torch in our school seal, which is a popular Hawaiian symbol usually meaning light of knowledge or wisdom.

TORCH means:
T - tenacious
O - observant
R - respectful
C - compassionate
H - honorable

I felt that I could teach these traits, but I still needed some concrete rules for my classroom.  In walked WBT.  There were rules, routines, expectations, and systems.  I was in love after seeing my very first video!

I even made my own rules to match my bright colored classroom decor!  You can grab a free copy by clicking on the picture.

Through this blog, I hope to become a certified WBT teacher this year!  I plan to share many more freebies with you as I implement WBT in my classroom.  I also hope to do some videos in my class!  Follow along with me on my new journey!  It should be filled with tons of fun!